Sunday, March 22, 2009

Australia

I will be the first one to admit….I don’t like watching movies. Call me weird, call me strange but I don’t care. I can’t stand sitting in the same place for 2-3 hours doing nothing but stare at a screen. No thanks. When I am finally convinced to watch a movie (usually by my husband who likes movies) to watch one, I usually drag in my lap top or latest craft and multi task.

However, the times are a changin’.

I watched a movie, from start to finish without multi tasking (applause please….just kidding). What movie you ask? Australia. Obviously I’m a little behind on my movie watching. I never saw it in theatres because of my annoying experience of seeing Marley and Me (the lady behind me chomped down at least eight big bags of popcorn…very loudly). Anyway. Australia was an awesome movie.

I’m not one to notice costumes during a movie but the costumes in Australia caught my eye. From Nicole Kidman’s blue suit to Hugh Jackman’s dirty torn shirts, the costumes were very authentic of the time period and amazingly designed.

Now I admit, I thought they movie was kind of hard to follow for about the first 15 minutes. After that though, it was so easy to follow and in the end I ended up really into the movie and crying right along with the actors.

One actor I really enjoyed was Brandon Walters who played Nullah. He is only 12 but he was absolutely amazing. This was his first movie and I really believe he will be the next ‘big one.’

If you haven’t seen Australia yet, please please rent it. Even a movie-hater like me loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was fun, but rent Out of Africa for a really great romantic epic.

    ReplyDelete