Sunday, April 26, 2009

For better or worse

After two months, and two temporary jobs, my husband has had it with unemployment. I currently work three jobs to make up the slack plus go to school full time. However, it is another full-time job in itself to keep my husband’s spirits up.

Every morning the following routine happens:

6:30 a.m.: I wake up and get ready for job #1. By 8:15 a.m., my husband rolls out of bed.

Husband: Are you goin’ to work?

Me: Yep. What are you gonna to do today?

Husband: Nothin’.

Me: Ok, I’ll make you a list. It’ll be fun! There is so much to do around here (here being our tiny house/apartment/living quarters)!

Husband:

Me: Ok, do this, this, this, run here and get that, call him, pay the bills, talk to the landlord about the leaky toilet/faucet/shower/washer/kitchen sink. Feed the cat, there’s leftovers in the fridge for lunch.

Husband:

Me (teasing): Don’t smile or anything.

Husband: I wasn’t planning on it.


Get my point?

Weekends are my only salvation from the ho-hum routine that consumes me Monday-Friday. Saturdays and Sundays are the only days I really have time to go out and do anything fun with my husband. By having time I mean making time. I do homework until late at night into early parts of the morning so I have that time during the weekends to spend with him. I know he hates that I am busy and he is not.

I have done my best to keep his spirits high during the past couple of months. We can only hope together that a job will be just around the corner that will work out for him. For better or worse, I took him to be my husband 7 months ago. However, this is not ‘worse.’ Our lives could be much worse than what they are right now.

1 comment:

  1. I like your positive outlook, and I hope things get better for you and for your husband. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete